HOURS: 815am- 415pm
These Immunizations are Required by Law Before Entering 7th Grade:
- TDaP (Tetanus – Diphtheria – Pertussis)
- Menactra/MCV4 (Meningitis)
(PLEASE NOTE YOUR STUDENT WILL NOT RECEIVE THEIR 2017/18 SCHEDULE UNTIL IMMUNIZATIONS ARE COMPLETE)
When should you keep your student at home? A child with these symptoms should stay at home:
- Fever of 100 degrees or more
- Rash with a fever
- Suspected contagious condition or disease
- Diarrhea or Vomiting
- Severe stomachache, headache or earache
- A child who is too ill to function in the classroom
- Eye that is red and has drainage (Pink eye)
Do not send ANY medications to school with your child. All medications must be signed in at the clinic by the parent or legal guardian (this includes cough drops).
Crutches and Elevator Use: Irons Junior High is equipped with one elevator. If your student has an injury requiring the use of crutches and or the elevator during the school day a Physicians order is required according to district policy. Bring a copy of the Physician order to the clinic, the clinic will provide a pass for the elevator.
*PLEASE NOTE YOUR CHILD’S CISD STUDENT HANDBOOK IS ALSO A GREAT RESOURCE FOR ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS.